Horizon 2020 calls for projects launched: 2 Billion for Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing
The European Commission is calling for new projects to be funded under the Horizon 2020-Work Programme 2018-2020. With Europe facing healthcare challenges, ICT for health and ageing is an important part of this. Researchers and innovators in this field are requested to apply before 24 April 2018.
Europe is facing four main health and care challenges:
- The rising and potentially unsustainable health and care costs, mainly due to the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, to an ageing population requiring more diversified care and to increasing societal demands;
- The influence on health of external environmental factors including climate change;
- The risk to lose our ability to protect the populations against the threats of infectious diseases;
- Health inequalities and access to health and care.
Building on the principle of openness – open science, open innovation and open to the world the societal challenge 1 on 'health, demographic change and well-being' (SC1) aims to deliver solutions for a better health for all.
With a budget of approximately 2 billion EUR, the Work Programme Societal Challenge 1 'Health, Demographic Change & Wellbeing'(2018-2020) will invest in seven strategic research priorities, including topics such as personalised medicine, digital transformation in health and care and cybersecurity in health and care.
Calls with 24 April 2018 as a deadline:
- SC1-DTH-03-2018: Adaptive smart working and living environments supporting active and healthy ageing
- SC1-DTH-07-2018: Exploiting the full potential of in-silico medicine research for personalised diagnostics and therapies in cloud-based environments
- SC1-DTH-08-2018: Prototyping a European interoperable Electronic Health Record (EHR) exchange
- SC1-HCC-01-2018: Supporting investment in smart living environments for ageing well through certification
- SC1-HCC-03-2018: Support to further development of international cooperation in digital transformation of health and care
- SC1-HCC-04-2018: Digital health and care services – support for strategy and (early) adoption
- SC1-HCC-05-2018: Support to a Digital Health and Care Innovation initiative in the context of Digital Single Market strategy
- SU-TDS-02-2018: Toolkit for assessing and reducing cyber risks in hospitals and care centres to protect privacy/data/infrastructures
- SU-TDS-03-2018: Raising awareness and developing training schemes on cybersecurity in hospitals
Calls with 14 November 2018 as a deadline:
- SC1-DTH-10-2019-2020: Digital health and care services
- DT-TDS-01-2019: Smart and healthy living at home
Application & questions
Find an overview of all calls and apply at the Participant Portal - funding opportunities.